We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague or Vienna

Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Prague or Vienna

Hey,

Hoping to get some advice here.

I am heading to the BRNO Moto GP in August, have yet to book flights and am wondering for a couple of nights, would Prague or Vienna be a better place to fly into and spend the 2 days?

I saw Prague has a walking ghost tour which has almost convinced me on going there, Ive always wanted to see Austria though, very undecided.

If anybody could tell me some interesting things to do in either city?

Thank you for your help.

East Bernard
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague or Vienna

Prague...less expensive and more magical

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague or Vienna

<Prague...less expensive and more magical>

Add to that more gracias local that are much more welcoming than in Vienna to tourists.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague or Vienna

Prague just better...

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague or Vienna

Stay in Brno - there is loads to see and do. Forget Prague and Vienna - too expensive and crowded.

http://brnonow.com/

guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/jun/19/low-cost-f…

brno.cz/fileadmin/…Brno_1en.wmv

But if you must see one of the two, then Vienna is only €9 and 2 hours away by train/bus.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague or Vienna

Prague is amazing, but so is Vienna. Prague definitely cheaper though. If you're into the bar/clubbing scene then you must try out the Prague Pub Crawl - tons of fun!

http://www.pubcrawl.cz/prague-pub-crawl

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,299 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague or Vienna

Prague is way better than Vienna. Could spend a week in Prague but only a few days in Vienna.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague or Vienna

Prague, spent 13 days in and around Czech and 1 day in Vienna, so much to see in Prague, the beer is great too! Its a hidden gem. Great history and Architecture! I tell people we basically saw 2 churches and 2 castles a day. I want to go back!

8. Re: Prague or Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:47