We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Topic
Beer Festival Meet up Thread

http://www.ceskypivnifestival.cz/en/

the beer festival is soon to be upon us all.many folk have expressed arranging meet ups during this period .If we can keep this thread bumped up over the next several weeks folk can post details of when they will be available for meet ups and arrange a place and time.

I am not sure of the new layout so cant really suggest a meeting point,but I do have a Trip Advisor Flag that I can place on a table but I am open to suggestions.

The smaller variety tent will be there again and I would suggest this as the best meting point mainly because its the tent most of us will end up in anyway,it is described as Tent B and most likely will have a big board outside with A4 sized prited pages on it telling you what beers are available.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 16:23
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

been in practise today , just 3 different beers after an 8 mile walk.

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

I might try the 8 different beers and 3 mile walk . remember we are not a salmon :) well im not Ha Ha

Edited: 24 April 2012, 00:12
Fleetwood, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Will be in Prague on 25th Gus you have already given us some great info about the place and will be at bear festival on 27th will look out out for your TA flag

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Is the food worth getting at fest or eat before attending ?? anyone

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

the first Beer Festival I went to the food was pretty good ,but there was a choice of 6 tents all with their own caterers as well as an separete area doing whole roasted Bullock which was fantastic.but in recent years with fewer tents and fewer caterers I have found the food nowhere near as good as you can get elsewhere.

The main meals I have teneded to be very over cooked though service was fine, the snack food were ok and a couple of time at night I just had a bowl of soup then a sort of pate with various breads and that was fine, but noo the food is no great shakes at the Festival.

BTW Pork cheese is nothing to do with chesse it is what you would call pork Brawn and is pretty good in my opinion.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Fletred, look out fro us,the flag is about the size of a tea towel white with the TA Owl logo on it.

I am arriving on the 25th early evening so don't know if I will make the beer festival that evening but hopefully I will.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

Would have liked to have joined you for a beer Gus but we leave Prague as you arrive.

We are there 21st -25th and will probably be at the festival on the 24th (wifeys birthday)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

hopefully there will be other groups of TA member about as well.I know my mate Andy may be there on the 24th with his patrner but neither of them are TA members.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

We'll be there the 18th-20th if anyone else is around....

Austin, Texas...
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Beer Festival Meet up Thread

We'll also be there 18-20th ktdipaula! We should meet up for a beer or two.