We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary

Doha, Qatar
9 posts
Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary
Save

Hello

I am applying for a multiple entry Schengen Visa at the nearest VFS in my country of residence. My first port of entry would be in the Czech Republic, followed by Slovakia however I wish to visit neighboring Romania, which is not Schengen but an EU country, for a couple of nights too before entering the Schengen area again and fly back out of Czech Republic.

While applying for the Visa can I stick to my original itinerary? or does having a non-Schengen/EU country on my list create an issue in the issuance of a Visa?

Kindly advise, much appreciated.

Thank you

Kunal

3 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
85 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary
Save

No, if it's a multientry visa, it's not a problem (by the nature of multi entry visa you can leave and re-enter Schengen). I believe Romania also accepts Schengen visa, but double check that.

Doha, Qatar
9 posts
2. Re: Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary
Save

Thank you, yes I did check with the Romanian embassy and they do accept Schengen Visas, I don't need to apply for one, and as you suggested the itinerary is doable but my concern is do the Schengen country Visa officers accept this itinerary? and can I stick to my actual plan?

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
85 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary
Save

I don't see any problem with it :)

Reply to: Visa application advise - CZ, SVK and Romania itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.