We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

1 post
Save Topic
Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

Dear all

I am an Indian citizens working in Dubai UAE. I was planning to migrate Hungry so I was enquiring the ways to enter Hungry from Dubai. I got a call from One company based in Europe Odessa, Odessa Oblast,Ukraine.

The representative promised me that he will set up a company in Hungry to get a Residency permit for me with that I can search for a job or start a business as Visa will be valid for 1 or 2 years.

We agreed that 1000 Euros will be service charge 4000 Euros will be for company formation and 1000 Euros after VISA APPROVAL.

I make the first payment on 16th July and one 1st August I cleared all the payment 5000 Euros. I paid all the money through PORTMONE.COM

The company haven’t shared any papers such as Company formation paper or VAT number or anything.

Please guide me how can I file a complaint against company for fraud as I am based in Dubai.

Please share any relevant information so that I can get a refund or sue them as I am in deep trouble.

Thanks in Advance.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

Oh dear

You parted with all your hard earned money on a promise from someone you have never met.

Personally think that it's goodbye to all that cash

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

So, let me make sure I understood you correctly. You wanted to setup a fake company/business in order to obtain residency visa to Hungary? I am not an expert in immigration affairs but it surely sounds like immigration fraud to me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

Hungry, right? The OP can't even spell the country name right. No suprise he fell victim to scammers.

Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

First, this isn't a legal forum. Secondly, you were intending to scam the people and government of a country and in turn got scammed yourself and you have the nerve to ask for sympathy and assistance? When I'm done laughing, I'll take a quick enough breath to inform you that you got exactly what you deserved

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

Yes, it seems that your whole concept was illegal from the start. You must have known that.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 12:12
Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

Methinks this post will close as it's not along the lines of "Travel tips/information"

7. Re: Visa scam fraud Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to messages that promote or encourage illegal activities. We will remove all posts that ask for or provide information on illegal activities.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 15:06
Get answers to your questions about Odessa Oblast