We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI in Corfu

London
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Best AI in Corfu

Hi

Looking for a hotel which is near the airport, near some "life" all inclusive and good food, is there such a thing please?

Edited: 03 June 2015, 22:09
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: Best AI in Corfu

Nope, you're missing out on far too much good stuff if you go AI. Wonderful Greek hospitality, taverna's and food

Also generally wherever there's an AI hotel there is nothing else as they kill off the surrounding businesses sadly

Sorry to sound so negative and I haven't really answered your question have I? But most of us regulars feel the same that said I'm sure some kind soul will be along shortly to give you some good advice (but it won't be better than mine, which is - don't do AI) :-)

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Best AI in Corfu

There is a place for All Inclusive but it is nowhere near Greece or the Greek Islands. Self Catering is the way to go. You get a fridge for the beer (other drinks are available), you get an electric ring, to ignore, and a few utensils to leave in the cupboard. Tavernas are the places for food and drink unless you are on a budget. If this is the case then buy beer in the supermarket, pastries and cakes at the bakery and a gyros from anywhere. You take these back to the room, risk using a bottle opener, don't touch the cutlery and devour it all.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Best AI in Corfu

Please Please don't go ALL INC you will miss the real Greece if you want All Inc then go to Spain or Turkey but not Greece you will not have the pleasure of the true Greece,. the people food and culture going to a local tavern for Dinner is a real treat. Enjoy

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: Best AI in Corfu

I totally agree with the other posters - All-inclusives are for dodgy countries, not for Greece. "Good food' depends so much on your personal definition, but if it's fresh, seasonal, local ingredients cooked to perfection 'a la Greque', you won't find them in AI.

Steve

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Best AI in Corfu

I'd like to echo the above comments. There is nothing quite like an evening spent in a Greek taverna enjoying the wonderful food, the warm ambience and great hospitality.

AIs tend to be very impersonal with poor quality food. Please reconsider. You will not be paying any more for this privilege but you will enjoy your holiday so much more.

Nick L - your posts do make me giggle. But you've hit the nail on the head :-)

Ana

Level Contributor
391 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Best AI in Corfu

to add my penn'orth .. last year when we were in the Village Taverna in Moraitika old town having a wonderful evening meal, we met a family also dining there who were staying AI at the Messonghi Beach Hotel. The holiday package was so cheap that they had booked it just for the flight/accommodation then ate out as the food was rubbish. Says it all !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Best AI in Corfu

It's horses for courses, I enjoy all types of holidays and AI is included in that.

If you're only going to visit a destination konce, then yes, a holiday allowing you to eat in a variety of places and explore is good.

However AI, for a full time working couple with limited holidays can be a real treat, economic and most importantly, relaxing!

Apologies to the OP, the only AI experience I have is Glyfada in Corfu which is the opposite of what you're after it's peaceful, isolated and beautiful! Food is pretty good, people are lovely, staff are amazing - definitely a great experience!

Edited: 06 June 2015, 15:15
8. Re: Best AI in Corfu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2016, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Glyfada
Recent Conversations