We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

Hi. Can someone tell me how far Asteria Seaside is from the nearest tram stop to Athens, how regularly they run and where you buy tickets. I read somewhere it takes around 90 mins. Is that about right? Thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

The easiest way is by taking bus E22 and

changing to HELLINIKO "ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΟ " M2 metro line using the same ticket

.Proposed metro stations are (ACROPOLIS ) or (SINTAGMA).

It takes 1 hour 15 minutes.

You can check yourself by putting these terms on Google maps

" ΑΣΤΗΡ ΠΑΛΑΣ ΒΟΥΛΙΑΓΜΕΝΗΣ Α.Ξ.Ε., Απόλλωνος 40, Βουλιαγμένη 166 71 "

" ΑΘΗΝΑ "

Tram is slow.You can see here about it

. www.stasy.gr/index.php?id=33&no_cache=1&L=1 .

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

Aldro, are you sure the OP wants to go to the Astir Palace Vouliagmeni, and not the Asteras Glyfadas complex? http://www.asterascomplex.com/

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

Hi, yes I am talking about Asteras Glyfadas complex. Basically we will be on a cruise ship, so we want to go from Piraeus to Glyfada to the Plaka/Acropolois area and then back to Piraeus. I thought we would either get a taxi from Piraeus to Glyfada or as I recall can't you go one stop on the metro from Piraeus and then get a tram to Glyfada but still the question is how best to get from Asteras to Athens.

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
4. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

hi,i have a car and only used tram once but here is what i found with a bit of googling..there is no tram stop exacly outside asteras ,you have to walk a bit.

here is where asteras is at the map -at the mark-

vrisko.gr/maps/diefthinsi/leoforos-poseidono…

use kalamon ( ''Καλαμών '' in greek) street as a mark for asteras to get your bearings in the map.

it is between two tram stops,both in almost equal distance from asteras..

the first one is plateia vergoti (vergoti square)..in the map it's in greek it's ΠΛΑΤΕΙΑ ΒΕΡΓΩΤΗ as you can see at the mark here

stigmap.gr/view15884-tram-stathmoi-plateia-v…

now,if you move a bit right from plateia vergoti you can see where asteras is (kalamon street)

the second one is plateia katraki (katraki square)..in the map it's in greek,it's ΠΛΑΤΕΙΑ ΚΑΤΡΑΚΗ..if you move a bit to the left you can see where asteras (kalamon street) is

..so you can choose which stop beforehand and ask the driver to inform you when youa re there..i have only used the tram once and can;t remember if it is announced.

here is a list with all the tram stops (and maps to find out where each stop is)..the stops you are interested in are at the second page.

http://tinyurl.com/m9g6xxl

how many hours do you have exactly? don't cram things that take a lot of time into a short timeframe

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

Depending on where you are in Piraeus, you could probably also take the bus A1 directly from Piraeus to Glyfada, and get out at the "Asteras" stop in Glyfada. It is shortly after the main square in Glyfada. As Athanasios mentioned, the tram will require a bit of a walk in Glyfada, in addition to having to transfer from the metro at Faliro.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

sorry,here is the link for plateia katraki

stigmap.gr/view15886-tram-stathmoi-plateia-k…

Toronto,
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada

I was trying to follow these directions and they seem to drop you much more north than the complex, no? I think I can see the complex between Pandoras and Xanthou but am concerned I am looking at a different beach. Is it not right next to the Balux house?

Reply to: Asteria Seaside Complex, Glyfada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glyfada
Recent Conversations