We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Hi what is the best way to get to Ronda from Malaga airport.Prices would be helpful as we are on a budget. The flight lands around midday. I`m familiar with the rail link to Fuengirola if that is any help. many thanks Alex

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Alex. The`way I would choose is to take the bus or train into Maria Zambrano Malaga main transport hub and choose the LOS AMARILLOS bus that goes up the Guadalhorce valley instead of along the coast. The bus takes about 2 hours and costs about Euros 10. You can see timings for next few`days by searching :

http://www.losamarillos.es/venta/busqueda.jsp

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Apart from the link helpfully provided by Cadiz_lover, here´s another useful one for buses to and from Ronda.

turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioaut…

As you can see, the fare is just a little under €10 and the journey is supposed to take 1 hr 45 mins. If your arrival time at the bus station coincides with the 13:30 departure, my advice is to have lunch somewhere in Málaga and catch the bus that leaves at 16:00.

The central bus and train stations in Málaga are right next to each other in the same Maria Zambrano building complex.

Lancashire
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Tony, can I ask why you advise taking the 16:00 bus rather than the 13:30 bus from Malaga to Ronda?

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

If you look at the timetable, the 13:30 departure takes 3 hr 30 min (arr. 17:00). Apart from that being a long time on a bus, that is also lunchtime in Andalucía. The 16:00 departure takes just 1 hr 45 min.

Lancashire
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

Thanks Tony - I hadn't noticed the time it took.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

You´re welcome.

7. Re: how to get from Malaga airport to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:47