We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Ronda

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Ronda

We will be visiting Ronda for two nights after three nights in Malaga. I was thinking of taking the bus into Ronda from Malaga the first day, checking into the Parador and looking around town. The second day I thought we could rent a car in Ronda for the day and go visit the white villages. What route should we take to see the most interesting white villages? We have two teen girls.

Thank you.

Ronda, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Ronda

I like those ideas. The bus trip from Malaga and the staying at the Ronda's parador are excellent choices. We did the same thing ten years ago. Then we bought a house in Ronda and the rest is history. Another way to go is a Malaga train trip to Ronda and staying in Ronda's old quarter. I recommend the Hotel San Gabriel.

On the car trip the second day, think about following the road signs to Seville, maybe visit the Roman ruins at Acinipo (10K from Ronda), then touch towns like Sentinil (12K), Zahara (15K), even Grazelema (30K), There are several fine parks in that area. Lots of good hiking and cycling. The area guides are inexpensive and worth the expense and piece of mind. We take our family horseback riding during the summer holidays.

For more travel ideas, check out theolivepress.es.

It's our local english paper for southern Spain. Good luck.

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Ronda

Hi there, saw your note. Agree with your plan to visit white villages. Our favourite was Grazalema - very charming square/streets - even a lovely hotel - actually preferred this place to Ronda for overnight - only really amazing spot in Ronda is the bridge and the gorge. We did stay at the Parador and had a room overlooking the valley - this was really special and added greatly to our Ronda trip. (sounds like we are real tourists! - I guess that's what we are).Best of luck.

3. Re: 2 days in Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 12:14
Get answers to your questions about Ronda