We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

I'm traveling from San Gerrardo de Dota to Drake Bay in a few weeks. I'd like to drop off a rental car in Sierpe (no need for a car in Drake Bay and we're flying back to San Jose). I know National will pick up cars in Sierpe, but they're pretty expensive. Any other car rental companies in Costa Rica that would let me pick up at the airport in San Jose and drop off in Sierpe? Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
20,430 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

Solid Car Rental probably. Check out the companies that have offices in Dominical, Uvita or Palmar Norte. But they will all require a drop off fee.

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

Thanks so much! Just booked with Solid Car Rental, and it saved me over $200.00. Tripadvisor is the best!

Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

I was just going to suggest Solid. I have used them twice in the past and had them deliver a car to Sierpe. I have never had a issue or a problem with them.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
20,430 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

Good news, Jack. You can pay your dues by writing a lengthy trip report upon your return.

Safe trails!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
427 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

I was in Drake Bay last month and made reservations with Solid Rentacar. The pick up point was Sierpe and the drop off point was San Jose airport. They were fine as far as the service, they dropped off my Toyota Rav4 as promised and on time. The rate was competitive, and I chose them because very few companies offer service in Sierpe. However, the AC did not work. Entirely my fault as I did not check this before accepting the car. On a $ 430 invoice for 4 day rental, Solid offered a $ 40 credit for the inconvenience.

Make sure you check everything before you drive off!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,970 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

Solid is the one for that part of the country...not the best company but good enough...good choice!

roadadvisor

São Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

I'll do almost same thing, but I wanna pick-up the car at Sierpe and drop-off at San Jose. I don't know, does the Solid will charge extra for that?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
20,430 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe

Why not asking Solid directly?!

Reply to: Dropping a rental car off in Sierpe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sierpe