We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish market

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fish market

Hi!

Im gonna with my friend and her son for vacation to Ayia Napa.

Of coz we have in plans to taste dishes of cyprus cuisine in some places near. But Im as a lover to cook looking for some fish markets at the place where usually locals buy fresh seafood and fish for preparing by itself at home.

It would be great if somebody could advise such markets or places for buying fresh fish, seafood. Really need that info)))

All i've got after serfing Inet space many restaurants and nothing really usefull in my case.

Thanks.

Ira

Edited: 10 September 2016, 18:07
Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Glasshouse Lounge Restaurant
₹₹₹₹, International, Mediterranean, European
Sesoula Kalamaki
₹, Greek, Fast food, Mediterranean
En-yevo tavernaki
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Greek, Grill
Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
784 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish market

I have not found a fish market in my travels. [Unlike Paphos municipal market.]

There is an area around the Paralimni harbour, Protaras which has metal units and under covered area. But I guess you have to be their early.

Lots of the bigger supermarkets like in the UK have fresh fish counters. Or I have seen a couple of fishmongers shops which have frozen and fresh fish.

Can recommend a fish tavern in Potomas, so if you have transport from Napa.

The Cypriots also love fresh fish so look out for the local eatery's.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Paralimni
Paralimni
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish market

If you have a car go to Potamos Liopetriou fishing harbor early. It is past Water Park, past Ayia Thekla and on your left

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Thekla Beach
Ayia Thekla Beach
279 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish market

Thank you for your advices!

All directions you wrote are clear. I'll find)

I'll try it all for sure. And it will be my first time at Cyprus. Looking forward with good feelings.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
4. Re: Fish market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa