We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Hi,

thinking about a new year eve holiday,

is doing new years eve in Ayia Napa a good idea? is it ag ood time to visit there in december? Any specific event happening? would it be too cold for the beach?

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Hi, Most of the eastern side of Cyprus, Napa/protaras Close for the season, you would be better staying in Larnaca or Limassol. those resorts do not rely so heavily on tourist.I notice that you are in Dubai, you can get days warm enough to sit on the beach, to cold for swimming though, saying this I have been to Dubai in Dec the weather there then is hotter than Cyrus, we do not usually feel the cold so much in cyprus at that time of year as we fly out from the uk, but you may find it chilly comeing from Dubia.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

thanks.. so basically, there wouldnt be much happening in larnaca as well since it would be mostly off - season. so i should ideally pick some other place? thanks for the advice.. much appreciated

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Hi, again, everything in larnaca and Limassol will be open. it is just further down the eastern coast. Pernera/Protaras/ Napa, that mostly closes from end of Oct until the beginning of April.

Limassol would be the best place. for you.Julie

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Thanks ..appreciate it. Will check out Limassol.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

Or Paphos? :)

Paphos will definitely be 'open' !

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

between limassol and paphos which would have some NYE parties happening? is it a good idea to do this or should i look for some other place?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

If you want to come and remember Cyprus for having a good time then try NYE parties at a club in limassol which is the best , i am back home for the holidays all the time and i live in Larnaca but Limassol and even better i would say Nicosia is very nice in winter with the lights and the old town makes it something different ! i recommend Nicosia by far !!

Bagnacavallo, Italy
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

hi all

i had pretty much the same idea: new year's eve in ayia napa, i thought it would have been cool even in winter during weekends or special occasions, but from what i read seems not a good idea. will be in cyprus from dec 27th to jan 7th so plenty of time, but would have loved to find a place with some nightlife at least for the eve..

9. Re: Ayia Napa- NYE good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 15:56
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations