We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Just thought I would update on which accommodations are having work done this winter as it may help someone choose where to stay.

Olympic Lagoon - The whole reception area has been gutted with the whole front taken off. All the rooms in the main block above reception and either side have been completely stripped also and you can see right through to the back. Also on the nissi avenue side they are doing extensive building work. Not quite sure what is going to built on this side yet.

Euronapa - The whole reception area and bar at the front have been demolished. No sign of any work on the rooms yet though.

Petrosana - the old block (left hand side one) all rooms have been completely gutted.

Sunside - (behind marina hotel) not been open in about 8 years but has been cleaned up, renovated and re-painted. not sure if this will be open as tourist accommodation or private sales/rentals.

Mon Repos (macronissos) - the whole area has been roped off and work is being carried out by C&A Toumazis developers, so guessing this isn't a standard re-furb. all rooms have been stripped inc all the bathrooms out and solar panels off. My guess is it will be turned into a retirement village.

Christabelle - Have heard a rumour that all the rooms in the main block may be having a facelift and modernisation. Not confirmed yet though if it will be going ahead.

Sunwing Sandy Bay - Something being done to the areas of ground at the front where there were trees both sides of the entrance have been cleared and flattened.

Iphigenia - This is under new management so no sign of any work yet but the new owners make make some modernisations.

Also being built close to Panas and Electra, opposite the old Kaos Apartments on Nissi Avenue is a developement for a new main branch for bank of Cyprus with shops and restaurants alongside.

If anyone wants any more info, just let me know.

Terri

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
3,042 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Euronapa Hotel Apartments
Euronapa Hotel Apartments
270 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Petrosana Hotel Apartments
Petrosana Hotel...
158 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Christabelle Hotel Apartments
Christabelle Hotel...
315 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Kaos Hotel Apartments
Kaos Hotel Apartments
127 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Nissi Beach
Nissi Beach
6,122 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Alion Beach Hotel
Alion Beach Hotel
#3 of 101 hotels in Ayia Napa
Napa Plaza Hotel
Napa Plaza Hotel
#4 of 101 hotels in Ayia Napa
Mon Repos Design Hotel
Mon Repos Design Hotel
#6 of 101 hotels in Ayia Napa
Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Hi CyprusSeaView,

Thanks for the update, I am going to the Olympic Lagoon in May and was wondering if work had started but it sounds like they are making good progress.

If you have time I would love to hear how it appears to be going later in the year.

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
3,042 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Taastrup, Denmark
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Hi there

Was wondering if you have any updates regarding the "Olympic Lagoon Resort as my wife and I will be going there May 2nd :o)

Surely hope its completed and will be awasome hehe

Mentioned in this post
Olympic Lagoon Resort
Olympic Lagoon Resort
3,042 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

I went past the other day and the whole front of it is now un-recognisable.

the whole front of the building has been stripped back to bare walls and it is covered in scaffolding all over. The reception is currently just a big hole!

I haven't been past the back for a few weeks so I don't know how that side of things if progressing but it should be very impressive when it's all finished,

Taastrup, Denmark
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Thanks a lot for your reply, it certainly does sound like they are doing what they planned doing, a full renovation.

In case you are interested in seeing what they are building, there is a video on their website with computer imaging of the planned buildings and restaurants.

https://www.kanikahotels.com/hotel_info.php…

Btw i hope its ok i ask you again in a few months how its looking, i really hope they will be done before we come hehe.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Here's the latest pictures of all renovations works going on all over ayia napa

loveayianapa.com/refurbishments-and-developm…

taken just this morning.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
216 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Great info. Thanks. Can't get the link to work though. Any news on the Petrosana?! Heading there this summer, looks OK from the (few) photos online as it is.

Mentioned in this post
Petrosana Hotel Apartments
Petrosana Hotel...
158 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

The petrosana is looking good, its all re-painted white now and the patio doors and windows are goiong back in.

if you can't get the link to work just go to the loveayianapa.com homewpage and you shoudl be able to find it from there.

Northampton
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Hello, is there an expected completion date? We are holding our wedding there on 16th June and didnt realise that it wasn't nearly finished yet. As you can imagine i'm now panicking!:) please let me know, will be much appreciated!

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

the hotel opens May 1st so everyting should be completed by then. It is a major developement they are doing with every part of the complex being worked on but they are really working hard on it by the looks of things and everything looks on track.

I;ve just been past half an hour ago and they're painting the two towers at the front now. the new block is all built as well.

Northampton
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel/apartment renovations for 2011

Thank you so much, sounds great!

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa