We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

Dudley
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

We booked our wedding last night and are going to Nissi Beach resort next May (2011 - yippee).

I know from reading the forums that you can walk to Ayia Napa in around 30 minutes, but what are the pavements like and is the road very busy? We will have my 2 kids with us (aged 9 and 13) so although they won't be running off like toddlers I just wondered how safe the walk would be?

I also know we could get a bus - how often do they run?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mentioned in this post
Nissi Beach Resort
Nissi Beach Resort
1,640 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

Yes the roads are busy as it is one of 2 main roads into Napa, there are pavements the full stretch to the harbour from Nissi Beach and at certain points they are quite wide Buses should run very often like every 15 mins

Kev

Mentioned in this post
Nissi Beach
Nissi Beach
6,008 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

The pavements are fine to walk along, nice and wide and this winter they've added dropped kerbs across most of the roads as well making them easier for the less mobile and those with buggies.

there is also the cycle path which people often walk in and this sometimes causes problems so stick to the pavements.

the buses run up to every 20 mins, but depends on time of day. from 9 till 5 its at least every half hour, somtimes 3 an hour, from end of may until september, outside of these times its a little less frequent, but still at least once an hour. there are buses in the evening until 11pm but I'm not sure how far along nissi avenue they run at that time as the turnaround point is normally the waterpark which closes at 6.

terri

Dudley
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

Great, thanks for your replies. I'm sure there will be plenty more questions before our wedding!

4. Re: Nissi Beach to Ayia Napa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa