We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anesis or Nestor?

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
195 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Anesis or Nestor?

Family of 7 going to Napa in August.

I've been several times, stayed at the Louitsiana, olympic lagoon, napa plaza, etc but taking kids for 1st time so need a family friendly hotel.

Ideally have kids clubs and good facilities as taking a 7 year old (and an 11, 12, 14 + 17) so which would be better, the Anesis or Nestor.

I think i prefer the look of the Anesis but i think i can get the Nestor for more or less the same price but with HB instead of B+B (although the Anesis has slightly better flight times).

Is about 450 pounds a good price for the last week in August?

Love to hear from anyone that has stayed at either.

CHeers

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

Hi there

I would say the price is about right for that time of year. I haven't stayed in the hotels personally so can't tell you if they're any good for kids. They are in a very similar locations though, just across the road from one another really. close to the harbour and harbour beach, plenty of restaurants and bars in the immediate area.

At that time of year it is still fairly lively in the town so you will get a mixture of holidaymakers in both properties, they are both popular with the groups of singles, families and couples.

terri

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

I've stayed at both over the years, like has been said the location of both is almost exactly the same, the main entrance to the Nestor is directly across the road from the Anesis. Both are in a great spot to enjoy all of Napa with everything centrally within walking distance.

The Nestor has a HUGE pool area, which is a good thing in the height of summer as it will be busy. The rooms are not a bad size, but the bathrooms are pretty small as are the balconies. Big bar area, which also serves snacks from there around the pool. The breakfasts are good at the Nestor all buffet and plenty of choice. They're very quick to clear up though and always bang on time.....so no stragglers allowed. That goes for all meal times. The Nestor doesn't get great reviews for the evening food, I have to agree, we booked B&B (too many nice places in Napa to eat) but we did try the evening meal on one occasion and we found the reviews to be right in that it was bland and very little choice, especially if you have any fussy eaters. You used to be able to swap on HB from having the eve meal to having lunch instead, that might be a better idea. It's a nice hotel though and the location and pool area would prompt me to stay again.

The Anesis is VERY popular with repeat guests, which says it all really. The rooms are looking a little tired and I think the whole place could do with a bit of a refurb, it's still very nice and they did do the public areas up about 3 years ago, but even the frontage of the place needs doing up I think. Main bar area is a good size, the pool area not as big as the Nestor but as long as your willing to get up to get a sunbed you'll be fine. The rooms and balcony size is very similar to the Anesis and they do have a few apartments which are slightly bigger than the hotel rooms.

Price wise for August I think that's a fair price for school holidays

Edited: 11 April 2010, 20:49
England
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

I stayed at Nestor 3 years ago and funnily enough staying at the Anesis this year in August.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Nestor, staff are really friendly. On a night they make sure nobody comes in late making alot of noise.

They do games of waterpolo in the pool every afternoon which is good for the kids.

I've booked Anesis this year as I really like the look of it and it receives all good reviews, treat myself to a superior room where you get sunbeds and an umbrella on your balcony! The pool also looks great.

Also another option could be Faros hotel? It is in roughly the same price bracket. I stayed here 2 years ago and really enjoyed it there. The pool is amazing and there is a swimup pool bar!

The hotel is situated closer to the harbour and the guests were a mixture of couples and families.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

Been to both hotels and preferred the Anesis by far. It's a family run hotel and the staff are fantastic, really friendly. The poolside is lovely and the rooms are generally much nicer than the Nestor. Some of the family upgraded to Superior rooms which I highly recommend. We went as a family age ranging from 3 to 40's. Enjoyed our holiday at the Anesis much more.

England
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

That's great that you think Anesis is better, even more excited to stay there now as I thought Nestor was also good. I'm glad I've booked a superior room now too, are they much better than a standard room? Are the balconys quite big?

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
195 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

Thanks for all your replies.

It seems that the Anesis would be a better choice but i'm just still wondering if it's worth going to the Nestor as i can get Half Board there for the price of Bed + Breakfast at the Anesis.

Hmmm, decision, decisions.

Does the Anesis have good activities for the kids, like kids clubs etc (for the 7 year old)?

I think i'm still swaying towards the Anesis as it looks nicer.

England
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

Go for the Anesis! There are too many nice restaurants out there to stay half board.

It might be worth you emailing the hotel direct asking about the kids activities? I emailed them a couple of queries and they got back to me within the hour, they seem really helpful and friendly.

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
195 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

Cheers Katiehoj.

You're def right about the restaurants.

I love Clarabells but my fave is Los Bandidos - YUM!! :)

Going to try n find an e-mail for them now :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

The food at the Nestor is nice but fairly average. You probably wouldn't want to spend too many nights eating there when there are lots of fantastic restaurants around Napa. In reply to Katiehoj, we felt that the superior rooms were worth the money. They have more space to relax and the balconies are lovely. Big, sunny, two sunbeds and some of them have sea views. Hope that helps :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anesis or Nestor?

The food at the Nestor is nice but fairly average. You probably wouldn't want to spend too many nights eating there when there are lots of fantastic restaurants around Napa. In reply to Katiehoj, we felt that the superior rooms were worth the money. They have more space to relax and the balconies are lovely. Big, sunny, two sunbeds and some of them have sea views. Hope that helps :)

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations