We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

preston
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

hi all

me and my girlfreind are going to nissi bay on 20th of sept 2009 for 2 weeks and just had a few questtions...

will it be hot this time of year and how busy will it be for bars/nite clubs etc?? will they still be open this time of year? we are both still young and would like a good party!!. what are prices for drinks and food like in napa/nissi??

we are staying at the tasia maris gardens...is this a nice apartment??

thanks for any responses

stuart

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
210 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

Stuart

The weather should still be t-shirt and shorts time during the day. September is usually not too busy but visitors to cyprus in general this year appears to be about 20% down. Drinks and food are quite expensive which is why quite a number of people are going all-inclusive.

Have not stayed at the Tasis Maris Gardens so cannot review but hopefully others can.

Have a great time.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

I'm sure compared to where ever you are at the moment you'll find the weather to be quite hot enough. temperatures are usually high 20's and sometimes even into the 30's.

there will be a few clubs open at that time especially carwash, castle and black and white which stay open until october. there will also be plenty of bars to choose from so I don't think you'll get bored.

tasia maris are close to the beach but a little way out from the town centre, about a 20-25 min walk so you'll probably be looking at around €4-5 for a cab. drinks prices are generally €4 in the main bars for local drinks but only €2 in the bars away from the centre.

food is great with loads of choice of food with mexican, japaneses, polynesian, chinese italian and of course cypriot food which is really good. in most restaurants main meals are around €10-15 but in some of the ones near where you are staying on nissi avenue you will find 2 or 3 course set menus for €10.

hope this helps.

preston
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

thanks for the replys guys!

we don't want it too be too busy but not too quiet either, so hopefully ok!!

cant wait to go!!

does anybody know where i can read like a guide or a first timers blog on the area?? highlighting key things etc, restaurants, bars, places of interest??

they are on a lot of the other country forums but non for cyprus??

thanks again

Brighouse
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

Stuart,

we went to aiya napa last september we stayed at adams beach in nissi beach. It was fantastic! the weather was 40 degrees everyday-really hot.

We didnt go to any clubs but walked past them and seemed very busy-but not too busy. It is expensive for food and drink and now with the euro how it is i guess it will be worse so try getting all inclusive if possible.

Enjoy your stay you will love it

preston
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

thanks. we are going self catering unfortunatly!! better get some more saving done!! are there supermarkets where u can get food/bread/alcohol etc?? how they priced?

thanks once again

Watford
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

September is a great time to go. I went mid Sept a few years ago and it was roasting and everything was open and busy!

UK
Level Contributor
288 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

We are going to Ayia Napa in Oct for 10 nights and getting married while we are there. I would maybe save a bit more than what you usually do but to be honest the euro is slowly creeping up, yes it wont be as good as what is has been but it will be a bit better than those that are getting it at the mo.

Shell

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

Hi just wondering if anyone knows of any really nice beaches that are easily acessable from aiya napa apart from like the usual nissi beach?

Belfast
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

The beach beside the harbour is nice, not as busy as Nissi Beach,and there's another beach beside Nissi which is quieter but is still good for watersports and sunbathing.

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
10. Re: Nissi bay and ayia napa sept.

Just beyond Nissi Beach heading towards the Waterpark are 2 nice beaches. Landa/Lanta Beach is almost opposite the Olympic Lagoon hotel and a pretty cove although getting into the water can be a bit of a problem due to some large rocks but still nice and fairly peacful. Just a little further along and well signposted is my favourite beach Macronissos Beach next to the Dome Hotel.

Lovely shallow clear waters and beautiful soft sand.....I love it there.

You could also try Konnos Bay which is in the other direction on the Protaras Road.

The bus stops at all these beaches

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations