We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

town hall wedding with out a planner

Yorkshire
2 posts
Save Topic
town hall wedding with out a planner

Hi does any one know if it is possible to book a wedding without a planner? all i want to to go to the town hall then a pub and then back to holiday!!

not very romantic but i dont want any extras or extra costs!

would be grateful for any help on how to book aia napa town hall directly to save the £300 booking fee from planners

many thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: town hall wedding with out a planner

Hi,

All you have to do is to go the Ayia Napa town hall. Just take a taxi and go there!

Ask to speak to someone whom does wedding bookings. Bring some money with you, passports and both your birth certificates. If either one of you are divorced, adopted, changed names from poll deeds or widowed, you need to bring papers to prove this.

He or she in the wedding office will find you a date that you can get married and will appreciate all the info/documents you have brought along with you and the money too. This will make life easier for them!

And then away you go, find a pub to have your party and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: town hall wedding with out a planner

Hi there

I've booked our own wedding direct with the town hall. I found all the contact details on this website:

…alentus.com/eng/02_enosi/members.htm#29

Here are Ayia Napa's details - I couldnt get the website to work, but it has in the past. By experience they are not very fast at replying!!

I would advise booking a date in advance.

Good luck

Blackcat73

AYIA NAPA

Address: P.O.Box 30026, 5340 Ayia Napa

Tel.: +357 23 816300

Fax: +357 23 722607

E-mail: info@agianapa.org.cy

Internet: http://www.agianapa.org.cy

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
UK
Level Contributor
286 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: town hall wedding with out a planner

Hiya

I have booked with Olympic Holidays but mostly know the process.

Email the town hall advising you want to get married there and what date and time (I believe you can get married up til 2pm Monday-Friday) they will confirm if they can fit you in. You will need full birth certificates and passports. You will also need divorce papers if divorced and I believe papers if you are adopted etc. The town should be able to advise you on this in more detail. When you get there you need to have been there for 3 working days before you can get married and you need to go there a few days before the wedding to pay for your license and fill in paperwork etc. You will need to witnesses at the wedding whose passports you will need to take to the town hall when you buy the license.

Also before you go you will need an affidavit which confirms you are free to marry (ask the town hall for a template when you email them). The affidavait you can type up yourself you then need to take it to a solicitors where you sign and date and the solicitor signs dates and puts their stamp on. I have been advised it may also be a good idea for the solicitor to do a note on headed paper advising you atteneded their office on such and such date and signed in their presence.

I think all the legal stuff is covered above, so its just a case of going to get married then popping off to the pub after. Lol.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Shell

Yorkshire
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: town hall wedding with out a planner

many thanks for all the advice we greatly appreaciate it look forward to all the planning . thanks to all of you xxxxxxx

5. Re: town hall wedding with out a planner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 13:50
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa