We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

Surrey
13 posts
Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

Hi there,

My fiancee and i are going to ayia napa on the 14th may 2008 for two weeks, We have booked with the hotel Adams Beach hotel? We have now seen quite a few bad reviews on this hotel.

Anyones, what do you think of the hotel? Please state your age? when you went? That way we know if it was this year or a few years ago (in case they might have changed) age to see if your near the same age us us? as different ages like different things? If you didnt like it or loved it, please add a reason why you hated or loved?

many thanks for your help?

Paul

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

I have called into this hotel before, but never actually stayed there, drinks are always expensive as in most hotels, i always go self catering or bed and breakfast, as no matter what the food is like it can get repetitive, the pool area is gorgeous, and you are right on Nissi Beach. Dont worry im sure you will be fine, i havent seen the latest reviews.

manchester
14 posts
2. Re: Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

Hi,

Don't worry the hotel is beautiful & service excellent!

We stayed here 2 years ago for a friends wedding and although we are not getting married within the hotel we have booked ( along with 38 guests)to stay here when we get married in October this year.

When we stayed there was a real mix of ages - every one loved it and to be honest you couldn't fail to be impressed from the minute you walk into the reception.

All our rooms were clean and well furnished and the maid service excellent.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and couldn't fault it -although we tended to eat out at night, we had poolside snacks during the day which were expensive but good.

The piano bar is lovely for romantic drinks, and it was adults only when we visited.

To get into Ayia Napa to the bars etc was about a 30min walk and a taxi home!! But there are bars and restaurants close to the hotel if you don't want to venture into party land!

Nissi beach is beautiful, you could opt for the quiet areas close to the hotel or 5-10minutes stroll away all around the beach bars were party areas where there was daily competitions, music etc.

We did not have to battle for sunbeds, even if there were none available the private beach is only a few feet away from the pool with lots of beds available here!

Drinks & Food are expensive, but in line with other 5 star hotels. All rooms had a mini bar & fridge but they objected to you storing your own wine in here and charged you if the maids found it!!

There is a kids club on every night at the hotel but it is contained in the area near the pool.

All in all we had a wonderful 2 weeks here and although expensive - worth it!!

If you want to know anything else just let me know!

Ireland
Level Contributor
145 posts
3. Re: Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

Hi Paul

Myself and my husband stayed at the Adams beach twice but I have to say wouldn't go back if our life depended on it. Since it has been given its 5 stars its gone downhill to in our mind a 3 star hotel.

Nothing has changed, towels are still threadbare, our superiour side sea view room had not been re furbished at all. Paintwork was filthy, bed lined threadbare and room not cleaned to a high standard.

Since the Adams has started to do weddings there are up to 3 a day. The pool gets taken over by guests not even staying there. The new brit pub is full of lager louts till the early hours (god love anyone in teh rooms above it) and the staff aren't interested in you unless you are part of a wedding group.

The bar has the same entertainment night in night out and it would make you want to slit your wrists.

If you want a fanstastic, romantic chic modern hotel go to the Napa Mermaid on the other side of town

We went last year and are booked again for this year.

You won't be dissappointed

4. Re: Adams Beach hotel - Ayia Napa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 06:49
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations