We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noosa in July with a toddler

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Noosa in July with a toddler

Hi there have just booked flights for July for hubby, my sons 3 and 10 months. Can anyone tell me if it is usually too cool to swim? I've googled it and predictions Are around the early 20s. Also any suggestions on family friendly hotels and activities. We are going for 7 nights. Thanks so much :-)

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

only people in the water are poms ,kiwis and Sth Australians.

Only possible comfort swims would be in warmed resort pools

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

Make sure you book a hotel with a heated pool. For me it's definitely too cold in July and I am from Melbourne. We just got back yesterday and the water temp was just perfect.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 12:46
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

Too cold in July for this NZer. The latest would be May and the earliest September. Between those dates I head for the tropics - North Queensland or the south pacific islands like Fiji.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

I swim all year round, July is the most bracing with water temps around 20C but if there's a breeze, it feels colder.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

Like Surfoz, I'm a Queenslander who happily swims all year round at Noosa. Yes, it's cold but if it's a sunny day and the water is lovely and clear, it's just too inviting to pass up.

Most places up there are family friendly. It's hard to suggest accommodation options without knowing your budget. For a starting point of prices have a look at Wotif.com. If you see some places you like, post and ask us what we think of them.

I'm not sure if you're budget will permit but the villas at Viridian are sensational. It is a bit of a walk up the hill but the views are stunning and the accommodation is of a high standard.

6. Re: Noosa in July with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 15:00