We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

Good morning,

I haven't been to Caloundra for 20 years so I'm a little confused about which of these options would be best for us.

We are 2 adults and 2 young kids (2 and 4 year old).

Looking for somewhere with a good pool, close to beach, great views and close to places to eat.

Narrowed it down to the following:

- Rolling Surf Resort

- Monaco

- Pumicestone Blue

- Apsect

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, we're also looking at Coolum so just narrowing down our options.

Thank you.

Edited: 15 September 2016, 03:49
Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
282 reviews
1. Re: Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

HI,

If you're staying in beachfront facing accommodation at Rolling Surf, that would be my choice. If you're not, still Rolling Surf, then Monaco, then the other two.

Rolling Surf out of your selection is the only true beach front accommodation.

Have you looked at Pandanus Court?

Coolum's lovely, but I find the road you have to cross is way to busy.

Safe travels - Robert

Edited: 15 September 2016, 04:32
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

Thanks so much Robert.

Yes we're looking at the beachfront options at Rolling Surf but will also check out Pandanus Court.

Thanks again,

Shannon

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
12,496 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

I've stayed at Rolling Surf, in a beachfront 3 bed - it was gorgeous, convenient, and really hard to beat.

+1 to everything Rob said....but I would more strongly say "don't stay at Coolum" - busy road, feels like you are in the boondocks, beach is not as nice - and you don't have facilities like the wonderful Ocean Pool at Kings Beach which is perfect for toddlers. While you are staying in Caloundra, make sure you pick a low tide to head to Shelley Beach for some shell hunting down the big "shell hole" and also head to Currimundi Lake one morning - a perfect spot for a family with little ones to relax for hours.

cheers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

Thanks for your reply. Looks like Rolling Surf is the way to go.

Edited: 15 September 2016, 16:48
5. Re: Caloundra accom...down to 4 options. Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2018, 05:48