We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hi,

I am coming to Caloundra on Saturday 30 July for 7 days. The purpose of our holiday is to enjoy some time away with our mother who was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in January.

She really loves going out with everyone and listening to music in a nice environment. Does anyone have nice recommendations of a great place we could have a few drinks and enjoy some music?

In Newcastle where we live our favorite place is The Grain Store which is a craft beer bar, in a heritage listed building. She loves places like this but also anything with a really nice view or just in general a nice atmosphere.

We would be willing to drive anywhere around the Sunshine coast if there is something a little further away that's worthwhile.

Looking forward to making many memories :)

Thanks

Will

11 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about your mother.

This link may help. Hopefully a local will chime in with what's on currently.

metropolist.com.au/sunshinecoast/…

Cheers,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

I'll ask my friends who live up that way for you Will. My best wishes to you & your Mum.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
282 reviews
3. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hi Will,

So sorry to hear about your mum.

Music wise not so much, but we love the Caloundra Beach Surf Club (Mets), the Power Boat Club at Golden Beach (can get very busy) for the views.

At a pinch, the Kings beach Tavern's not bad, large tavern with good views, and they play your typical tavern music, and the CBX Hotel in Bulcock Street will have music, but it can get busy, and noisy.

My overall favourite is the Mets on Kings Beach, the view on a great day is hard to beat, but as said the music was always second best for me. Get a window table, a meal, a drink and your dear mother can watch the world go by, and with a bit of luck I have seen Killer Whales breaching off Kings Beach, if you go I hope this happens for your mum.

Rob

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
12,502 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hi Will,

A sad reason to be holidaying, but I am sure you will make some beautiful memories.

I have to second Rob for Kings Beach Tavern and Kings Beach Surf Club. I don't love the CBX as much.

Drift Bar is a great venue - gorgeous views of the passage, decent food, good range of beers and live music.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

One of my friends has suggested O'Malley's at Mooloolaba.

You'll miss their Christmas in July ( Thurs 28th) but maybe worth a look.

I've out the call out to my group, hopefully will have some other tips soon.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
304 reviews
6. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hi Will

I'm sorry about your Mum - a very sad reason for a visit.

I agree with Rob T that the Caloundra Powerboat Club is worth a look. Magnificent views across the Pumicestone Passage and they do have entertainment as you'll see on their website. Food is reasonable. It can get busy but they do accept bookings.

http://www.caloundrapowerboat.com.au/

Another possibility is the Pelican Waters Tavern. Lovely canal views and the food is usually good, particularly their specials.

https://www.pelicanwaterstavern.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

If you like Jazz, you might like The Piano Bar at Maroochydore. www.thepianobar.com.au

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Thanks for the advice everyone :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Hope it goes well for you, Will.

Don't know if they have music, but a nice place to chill out is the Noosa Yacht Club. Very casual, right on the river.

http://www.nyrc.com.au/

All the best to your Mum

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
81 posts
121 reviews
10. Re: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra

Drift Bar in Caloundra is about the only spot that has a nice view with laid back live music. It has a decent range of beers as well.

Reply to: Finding a nice bar/pub with music around Caloundra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted