We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family accommodation Caloundra

Launceston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Family accommodation Caloundra

looking at family accommodation in Caloundra for @ 1 week in Oct. Would need 2 bedroom (2 adults, a teen and a tween), car spot and I'm guessing a heated pool?? So far (although at top end of budget) Rumba is my pick but open to suggestions as we don't know the area. Thankyou :)

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
277 reviews
1. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Hi,

We've just booked a week at Pandanus Court on Kings Beach in early June.

With the teen and the tween, would they want to be near Caloundra main street or on a surf beach. If they want to be nearer the main street Rumba would be great, if they want to be closer to a surf beach look at units around Kings Beach like we have.

The beaches that front Rumba etc are on calm water beaches, you could say channel beaches like Bulcock Beach, Happy Valley Beach and Golden Beach. For surf look at booking along Merrima Avenue and Dingle Avenue at Kings Beach, there's great choice of varying priced accommodation , and all units on these roads have access to the beach without having to cross roads.

Looking at your time of stay, you should get some good prices, even at Pandanus Court.

Safe travels - Robert

Edited: 15 March 2017, 07:17
Cradle...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
277 reviews
2. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Hi again,

This is the unit we're staying in at Pandanus Court, a week cost around $1,100.00 fro a two bedroom, click on the link below then click on the image to go through the rest of the images .

https://www.domain.com.au/16-2-merrima-avenu…

Rob

Edited: 15 March 2017, 07:20
Bombala, New South...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Rolling surf resort is great but pricey. I used to go to Caloundra for work for a week every year and stayed at watermark which I never had any problem with - beautiful views, pool, clean, nice apartments and surprisingly cheap.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

A TA friend (Amomondo) has just stayed at Rumba resort and the photos of the apartment were great.

I like Rumba and it's proximity to many restaurants including my favourite - Tides (spectacular duck) - but for teen/tween, I think Kings Beach is better - I've stayed at Rolling Surf - not sure the pool is heated but don't forget this is Queensland, not Tassie, so the water wont' be freezing, and the ocean will be relatively warm.

Rob knows the area well and his suggestions are also good - there is a heap of accom in Caloundra that would suit - so long as you are after the October long weekend it will be easy to find something.

cheers.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Yes the Rumba was fantastic. The Apartment was spacious and well equipped and the location was unbeatable

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

There a 3 bedroom apartment two bedrooms with queen size beds and the other bedroom two single beds at Golden Beach overlooking the water. Endeavour Court 6/15 Landsborough St Golden Beach. Very nice unit with roomy dining/lounge, washing machine and dryer. It has a lock up garage. Very quiet block of Units. Can book through http://www.holidaycaloundra.com.au/ pictures here for you to look at. Very well priced for family accommodation

Cradle...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
277 reviews
7. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Hi Kathy,

That's not a bad spot actually, wouldn't be yours would it?

Still it's a nice spot, the only pain in the but is trying to get the car out on to Landsborough Parade when busy.

Rob

7 posts
8. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

Caloundra is a beautiful place to spent family holiday trips.It offers swimming,broad-walks and numerous restaurants. I had visited Kings beach last year. It has picnic spot and children playing areas, being the most suitable place for family. You can get hotels, cab services and experienced chauffeurs who has good knowledge of local markets and site places.

9. Re: Family accommodation Caloundra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2018, 11:48