We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

Came for a visit with friends, as I remembered with fond thoughts my last trip here, a while back~

The life seemed to have gone out of Katoomba~

Such a pity~

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

Everywhere becomes the same after a while. Over priced coffee and over priced everything. Generic brand accommodation. People go into business for the money but not for the passion of the product.

Katoomba was cool. So many fantastic memories at the Clarendon Dinner Theatre, that place was (is?) a stroke of genius. I loved it but have to admit last time I was in Katoomba it semed to becoming sameaseverywhereelse.com. Tourism does destroy places.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

I think the life of Katoomba has moved to Leura.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

No Leura was always the prettly village thing. Katoomba was a place where people went because they wanted to enjoy the Blue Mountians, hike and perhaps stay in place with an open fire. It was certainly far removed from Yuppieville. Had great personality . Was never a Leura nor a wannabe.

4. Re: Whats Happened To The Ambience Of Katoomba~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 10:47