We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast.......eeep.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast.......eeep.

An extended forecast of "rain" for five days cannot mean all day rain, can it? I am thinking it must mean short periods at times throughout the day. :)

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

They call for that every day here. Check out my blog to see what it actually did weather wise.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147294-i1628-k402…

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

When in Samana in January, rain was called for a few times. But usually came midmorning, about 11am & just for 10 to 15 minutes. It was fun to sit & watch it come in off the Bay or from over the hills. It didn't wreck our day...just went to the bar for an extra drink & then back outside again.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

When we were there in March... Same thing, the forecast said rain everyday, and it only "rained" one morning for about an hour! But, it's a warm rain, and we just went for a walk around the resort with an umbrella! I wouldn't put too much worry into the weather.... a few short showers just cool things down and keep everything green and beautiful.

Have a fantastic stay.... You're going to LOVE Samana... it's absolutely gorgeous there!

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

Just 3 words for you: Pack your sunscreen!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

Ditto on the above posts. We were there for 2 weeks in January and it called for rain pretty much everyday. It only rained a couple of times and only for maybe 15 minutes at the most......

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

That's the very reason that I have my running weather blog here on TA!

Have an awesome vacation!

Tour Samana With Terry

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

Back and the weather was great- sunny all day for the first 5 days. The last few days it rained, unfortunately, but we still were in the water a few times each of those days anyway! Beautiful!

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

Glad to hear it! Last week was amazing for sure.

Have an Awesome Vacation!

Tour Samana With Terry

Edited: 28 April 2012, 06:36
Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

Glad you had a great time. Thanks also for your review.

10. Re: Weather forecast.......eeep.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:10