We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrowtown in april and may

singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
arrowtown in april and may

Hi,

Could anyone tell us about the climate in arrowtown:

1) Which period is best for autumn colours? eg from which week to which week.

2) What kind of climate do we get beginning to mid May? Is there any snow yet and what about the leaves? Will they all have dropped off by then?

3) Does it get very touristy during the autumn festival in april?

Thanks!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: arrowtown in april and may

Hey Abante, I would love to spend more time in Arrowtown! It's one of my favourite places. I was hoping to convey that in my post.! I would choose to stay there over Queenstown any time. LOL. I thought "most picturesque (no spell checker!) village in SI" would have conveyed that.

Arrowtown
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: arrowtown in april and may

All good Mike, just thought I would add a bit of depth.

Arrowtown
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: arrowtown in april and may

Your right Wanaka Lakes, Nomads is a great operator and carry large numbers of clients. However, we shouldnt beleive everything we read. All the best...

Edited: 28 January 2010, 09:42
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: arrowtown in april and may

Autumn Festival is a great time to visit Arrowtown and that (no accident) tends to be the best time to see the autumn leaves. Winter (June July August) tends to be have cold mornings and sunny days. Morning temps have been as low as minus 8 and then run up to about 9 in the days. Summer (Jan, Feb, Mar) temps can get into 30's. Most leaves would have changed colour in mid May. Hope this helps ! Henry Crawford of CrawfordsArrowtown.

singapore
Level Contributor
203 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: arrowtown in april and may

Yes, thanks! We will keep your feedback in mind on our future visits.

Regards

16. Re: arrowtown in april and may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Arrowtown