We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help - want to visit but getting no where

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
Please help - want to visit but getting no where

Hi all.

My wife and I would love to visit croatia, we are restricted to dates but found some flights to SPlit, which arrives at 8pm in May.

We're happy with the flights but are stuck on where to stay and how to get there!

My wife is pregnant and will be about 5 months by the time we travel so we are looking for the following:

Somewhere easy to get to (using public transport)

Somewhere with bars, places to eat and ideally an old town like we've seen

Somewhere near the sea

we just want to relax, see some of beautiful croatia and enjoy.

any suggestions on what areas to stay, hotels (with a pool preferred) and how to get there would be greatly be appreciated.

Virginia
Level Contributor
4,644 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

I seriously do not understand the question. There are too many options to name. have you perused a website or guide book?

How many days do you have? Start in Split or Trogir and go from there.

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

sorry we have 1 week. I guess im looking for people to suggest places/area/hotels that are suited to a couple looking to relax while getting a taste of croatia near a beach and near a town

Virginia
Level Contributor
4,644 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

That is more than half of the country, so that account for my confusion at the question. It depends on how much you wish to move (I would guess not a lot), but with a week I would probably spend a night or two in Split, head to an island the next day for a few nights, then return to the mainland and stay in Trogir before your departure. All amounts of nights interchangeable depending on your wishes.

A basic tourism page or guide book will tell you which places are popular and linked by public transport, etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

I would choose Split and an island. Dubrovnik might be too much for a woman with a bun in the oven, as it's quite hilly. Perhaps arrive in Split, spend the night (if the flight arrives at night) get an early ferry or catamaran to an island for 5 days, head to Trogir as LuvGoin suggests (it's closer to the airport)

Edited: 26 February 2015, 10:54
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

May won't be too hot. I suggest that you look at Trogir and the island of Ciovo to minimise the travel - there are small hotels with pools - check out booking.com and Trip Advisor

6. Re: Please help - want to visit but getting no where

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Split-Dalmatia County