We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

I admit it, I've been sucked in by seeing the Lion Man on TV. We're considering doing one of the Zion tours when we visit NZ in April/May. Has anyone been to Zion? Is it worth the trip/cost??

Thanks

ginge

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
70 reviews
21. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

Craig is taking his mum to court to try to get himself re-instated. The court case starts today and goes on for 3 days.

So there should be a more long term answer as to what is happening at Zion once the court case is finished.

The park is DEFINITELY still open for business in the meantime

New Zealand
Level Contributor
93 posts
22. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

Terrible news re Zion Wildlife park today :( - a keeper has been fatally mauled. No, this is not a sick joke, just heard it on the news - police and Zion spokemen have relased statement. Very sad for all involved.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
12 reviews
23. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

So lets kick them while they're down eh? Could have happened in any wildlife park. Did we report a similar attack at the Wellington Zoo? No, I don't think so.

A tragedy for the keeper's family and the people who witnessed it but lets show a little respect and decorum when it comes to posting on here. Thanks.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
12 reviews
24. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

Sorry notthemumma, that wasn't aimed at you specifically just the scare mongers and gossipers that tend to surface when things like this happen.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
70 reviews
25. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

Very sad news today, probably leaving the future of the park very much uncertain....

As a local to Whangarei I would like to send my sincerest condolences to the keeper and everyone else involved

tvnz.co.nz/national-news/keeper-mauled-death…

26. Re: Has anyone been to the Zion wildlife park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 11:13
Get answers to your questions about Whangarei