We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

Kadina, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

Can anyone advise whether there is a suitable route for towing a caravan from Goulburn area up to Bathurst, ie. via Tuena or other road, or would we need to use the Mid Western Highway? We would wish to avoid anything excessively steep or windy but enjoy scenic route if possible.

Mentioned in this post
Goulburn
Goulburn
New South Wales, Australia
Bathurst
Bathurst
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

I drove along here about a year ago (but not towing a caravan) and I don't recall it as being too bad.

I came via Tuena and it;s not spectacular countryside - but interesting enough.

The other road, via Rockley, may be more interesting, but could possibly be more winding and/or steep, as I see it passes through some more mountainous areas near Kanangra-Boyd National Park.

Orange, Australia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

We've taken a camper trailer through Tuena and Trunkey Creek and it's fine for caravans. we've also been via Black Springs and Taralga - there's one steepish bit there, it was OK for our camper-trailer, but depends how big your caravan is.

Kadina, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

Thank you for your quick response. We will consider your advice.

Kadina, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst

Thank you for your comments. Will probably try the Black Springs road, also recommended by Information Centre at Bathurst. Looking forward to our trip.

Mentioned in this post
Bathurst
Bathurst
Reply to: Caravanning Goulburn to Bathurst
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bathurst