We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why stay in Albury when Beechworth is just down the road

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
62 reviews
39 helpful votes
Why stay in Albury when Beechworth is just down the road

We stayed in Albury a month ago while driving down from Sydney to Melbourne. Only realised what a little gem Beechworth was the following morning. We really wish that we'd stayed in the Commercial hotel in the centre of Beechworth rather than a rather ordinary motel in Albury - My top tip if you're planning to overnight in Albury - stay in Beechworth!

australia
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Why stay in Albury when Beechworth is just down the road

An excellent tip, and highlights something I often push. We see the major centre as having all the accommodation options and when it is on/near the main highway, its often as far as we look - I usually try and seek )and offer to those asking here) info on alternate smaller close-by towns. And even in cities sometimes a suburban stay can be more interesting. It all comes down to the priorities (late arrival or early get away and a few minutes driving time saved is a bonus) and reason for stay I guess.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Why stay in Albury when Beechworth is just down the road

Agree

3. Re: Why stay in Albury when Beechworth is just down the road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2011, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Albury