We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting re-married in New South Wales advice please

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting re-married in New South Wales advice please

I am coming over to Australia in September to see some relatives and we are going to a place called Howlong. While over their I would love to renew my wedding vows but with never being to Australia before I am not sure how to go about this or where would be the most romantic place to do this.

We are visiting family and friends in Howlong New South Wales and would like advice on if there is anywhere special there to renew our vows or if we should be looking at Sydney or Melbourne and also who to contact to arrange this.

Any help would be great

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Getting re-married in New South Wales advice please

DougOz wrote "where have you been"

Since seeing this thread I have been back in the late 60's when a few of us would fire up our Triumph and BSA 650's for a Sunday run down through Howlong to Corowa, across the rickety bridge to Wahgunyah, then back to Rutherglen for a few beers at a pub which had a huge grapevine across the back verandah. Those were the days when you could not get a beer on Sunday unless you had travelled for more than 30 miles, I think. (Far different now)

Oh, the joy of ripping up Monument Hill, then the couple of nice twisty bits near the farm of my uncle, about 5 miles W of Albury, followed by the relaxation at Rutherglen. However The Yack pub was better. :)

Sorry to derail the thread.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Getting re-married in New South Wales advice please

Here's one of the UK based car hire brokers Frommy is talking about. http://www.carhire3000.com/ We use their Australian branch for hire in the USA quite regularly.

Looking at 2 weeks next month (randomly) you can get a Hyundai Getz for GBP240 or a Ford Falcon for GBP350. The only thing not clear until you book is which car rental company they will use but it will be reputable.

23. Re: Getting re-married in New South Wales advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 13:49
Get answers to your questions about Albury