We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to Melbourne

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Sydney to Melbourne

I will be travelling by car from Sydney to Melbourne in March. I am thinking about a stop in Holbrook or Albany. I cannot find any websites for motels/hotels for Holbrook. Do any of you recommend a nice place to stay over one night on this route?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,537 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

I have not stayed in Holbrook. It is only a small town of 1300 people.

If I overnight I usually stay in Albury at the Comfort Inn Siesta which is a good motel on the Sydney side of Albury.

I checked wotif.com and it has some deals at the moment and I expect it would in March as it is not a holiday period in Australia.

You could also consider overnight in Wagga Wagga which is about 45km offf the main highway. It is a large city of 50000 people and has a lot of good motels. Another option might be to travel via Canberra and spend a day of two having alook at the National Capital and its galleries, museums, parliament house etc.

Check wotif.com again for accomodation.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

In march there is a labour day, i think, a holiday, so be careful there with availability

also, maybe look at www.racv.com.au for accommodation recommendations

good luck Lil xx

3. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 21:55
Get answers to your questions about Albury
Recent Conversations