We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to Melbourne

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Topic
Sydney to Melbourne

I will be travelling by car from Sydney to Melbourne in March. I am thinking about a stop in Holbrook or Albany. I cannot find any websites for motels/hotels for Holbrook. Do any of you recommend a nice place to stay over one night on this route?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,476 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

I have not stayed in Holbrook. It is only a small town of 1300 people.

If I overnight I usually stay in Albury at the Comfort Inn Siesta which is a good motel on the Sydney side of Albury.

I checked wotif.com and it has some deals at the moment and I expect it would in March as it is not a holiday period in Australia.

You could also consider overnight in Wagga Wagga which is about 45km offf the main highway. It is a large city of 50000 people and has a lot of good motels. Another option might be to travel via Canberra and spend a day of two having alook at the National Capital and its galleries, museums, parliament house etc.

Check wotif.com again for accomodation.

Mentioned in this post
Albury
Albury
Sydney
Sydney
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Wagga Wagga
Wagga Wagga
Canberra
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

In march there is a labour day, i think, a holiday, so be careful there with availability

also, maybe look at www.racv.com.au for accommodation recommendations

good luck Lil xx

3. Re: Sydney to Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 21:55
Get answers to your questions about Albury
Recent Conversations