We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
73 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

I am going to Christchurch in Early June 2018. Can't decide between The Hermitage or Aoraki Court for my stay in Mount Cook Area (We will be driving from Christchurch). For Christchurch, I have decided between Quest or Rendezvous. Any idea which one is better if I am driving? For Akaroa, Beaufort House Akaroa and L'Abri is equally pretty, I have difficulty in deciding which one to go for. Thanks in advance for your advises.

5 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,190 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

Difference is Budget!! Hermitage is a 4 star resort hotel in a stunning location. Aoraki Court is a good quality motel. Do you want to self-cater?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
73 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

Thanks. The room rate are actually about the same at the moment.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
463 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

We stayed at the Aoraki Court and loved it. If you want to self cater the rooms have microwave, hot plates, fridge etc. Otherwise the room at the Hermitage are lovely but not self catering.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

We stayed, for the second time at Aoraki Court Motel, just last week. Can't fault the place. Just don't take fresh salmon to cook though, not permitted, too smelly. Had one lunch at the Hermatige, not a very thrilling experience, just pies etc. Yes the view is great, but a short walk from Aoraki Court Motel gets the same view, as well as others.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?

As I assume you are driving around the South Island in a car I would suggest Aoraki Court as it is self contained and will reduce the cost of buying breakfast.

Reply to: The Hermitage or Aoraki Court?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted