We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yarn shop?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
650 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Yarn shop?

Hi,

I have to come home with some NZ wool for the daughter who is seriously into knitting. A quick search shows a store called Cottage Flair that carries yarn and the Agrodome, of course.

Does anyone have any information on the selection of wool that might be available at either of those?

Thanks!

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yarn shop?

Another shop is in Pukuatua Street called Creative Wools (close to the 'Be Rude Not To' café). This shop has a good range of wools but I am unsure what they stock. Cottage Flair has NZ wool but some of it is spun in Australia. The Agrodome has several brands made in NZ including possum merino. Personally I have found the possum merino garments wonderful to wear but they do need careful laundering.

2. Re: Yarn shop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2016, 11:45