We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Rotorua

Chennai, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Stay in Rotorua

We are trying to decide between Millenium Hotel and Sudima Lake Hotel in Rotorua. Which is better? Also which maori show is the best?

Mentioned in this post
Rotorua
Rotorua
Rotorua District, New Zealand
Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
26 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Rotorua

Not sure when you are looking at being in Rotorua, but perhaps look at the top 12 Motels in Rotorua on Trip[ Advisor, as you may find that you can get a more personal experience at a better rate, and access to a genuine geo-thermal Mineral Pool. Something quite special to experience - especially over the winter months.

Mentioned in this post
Rotorua
Rotorua
New Plymouth
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Rotorua

A fairly basic Mum and Dad type motel is the Kuirau Park lodge www.kuirauparklodgerotorua.co.nz but I mention it as it has basic concrete, but adequate, and very genuine, geothermal pools, in the back of the ground floor units. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and put in HEAPS of cold water, as the geothermal water is boiling hot.

As MariaandRon say, it is particularly special over the winter months, and it is nice to have one to yourself.

If you go swimming at one, try the one out at Waikite Valley, in a nice rural environment.

Remember, whatever type of pool you pick in the end, that it is very important you do not put your head under water, as there is a risk of amoebic meningitis in thermal waters.

I have not stayed at either hotel you mention, but if I want to spoil myself in Rotorua, the Princes Gate is the way to go, I think. http://www.princesgate.co.nz/

Mentioned in this post
Kuirau Park
Kuirau Park
907 Reviews
Rotorua, New Zealand
Rotorua
Rotorua
Prince's Gate Hotel
Prince's Gate Hotel
909 Reviews
Rotorua, New Zealand
3. Re: Stay in Rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2016, 09:46