We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maori Cultural Experience

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Maori Cultural Experience

Hi,

I am interested in seeing/experiencing a little bit of Maori culture during our visit of Rotorua during the Christmas holidays.

Which are the recommended budget options for that?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maori Cultural Experience

I found Tamiki Maori Village to be a good all round experience. It has been a long time since I visited but it is still going so it must be doing something right. No doubt it's on tripadvisor so give it a search.

When I did it we were picked up from our hotel in their bus, the guide made the experience on the way there awesome, and really right from the arrival the experience never stopped, from the welcome to the village set up and show and food.

A good evening all round. Look it up.

NZ
Level Contributor
755 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maori Cultural Experience

If Tamaki Village is out of your price range, Whakarewarewa Village is a living village, has a perfromance, thermal activity and is reasonably priced.

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maori Cultural Experience

Whakarewarewa Village has a short daytime presentation. Te Po at Te Puia has a night time performance with dinner. Tamaki and Mitai both have night time performances. Mitai is my choice.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maori Cultural Experience

We went to Mitai which was a fantastic evening. Bus picked us (family) up from the motel and brought us home again. The evening was both entertaining and informative. The dancing and hakas came with a great explanation of the history and meaning, a beautifully prepared meal (smorgasbord) then an evening walk to see glow worms and information n the native trees including local history right back to the New Zealand Land wars. My wife, children (10&8) and I all loved the experience. As with all places like this it is done for the tourists, but it is done well

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
2,907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maori Cultural Experience

We did enjoy Tamiki Maori Village, and we recommend.

Reply to: Maori Cultural Experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted