We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napier Hotels

Wairarapa
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Napier Hotels

Hi,

Wondering if someone can make a few recommendations for hotels.

I normally just look at wotif and on here for suggestions and then check out the website but unfortunately not many hotels have floor plans on their websites and as we will be travelling with our 8mth old son it's a bit hard to tell if they will work. So looking for suggestions please.

We would like a 1 bdrm unit - ideally it would have a queen/king bed in the lounge and then room in the bedroom to set up a portacot so that we don't have to go to bed when our son does (ie at 7!) Or failing that a 1 bedroom unit with a balcony/courtyard off the bedroom.

It would also be good to have a place with a fill-your-own spa as our little guy loves the water and it would be great for him to have a "swim" with us.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :o)

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napier Hotels

Hi There Amy3000 A warm welcome to the Sunny Napier Forum,

there a plenty of Hotels the fit your requirements but it will depend on your budget as to how much you wish to spend

This particular one has double spa baths which would be ideal for the little one

tourism.net.nz/listings/…

it is however In the suburb of Taradale which is roughtly 15miuntes drive out of the CBD but Taradale has a great range of shopping,restaurants and bars even its own Mc Donalds

maybe it would easier to have a look at this website and select something from there

tourism.net.nz/region/…

or here are a few others for you to have a look at

hotelsone.com/napier-hotels-nz/…

thecrownnapier.co.nz/accommodation/…

hotelsone.com/napier-hotels-nz/anchorage-mot…

Im sure you will find something nice within your price range

anything else that you need help with just ask and I am happy to help where I can

cheers john

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,579 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napier Hotels

IME very few motels have the double bed in the lounge & the twins in the bedroom, which is more convenient for a family. It looks better to have the double in the bedroom & the singles/twins in the lounge. I recently travelled (as a single) with a couple and they nearly always got the bedroom ;-(

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napier Hotels

Try The Crown Hotel at Ahuriri....

Wairarapa
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napier Hotels

Thanks for that John :o)

We are looking at about $160-$170 or so a night. I have had a look at a few websites but it gets a little tedious looking at the websites of them all trying to see if they have details of the bedding configurations which a lot of them don't.

I agree zhuhai2007 - I would have thought there was enough demand for motels to do this - especially family friendly ones.

I have managed to find a couple (Pebble Beach, Edgewater motel, At the rocks,) so will see what the prices are like once we have decided on what dates we are going to go but if anyone else has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Napier Hotels

Hi Amy,

I've just returned from my NZ holiday, and we stayed in Nautilus apartments in Napier, which I would recommend.

We had a studio which had king bed, spa bath, balcony with sea view, kitchenette with hobs, microwave. They also had rooms with an additional bedroom, and from what I could tell they had the twin beds in the separate room. We paid $135 for the studio, although that was a reduced rate, not sure how much the bigger unit would be.

hope it's helpful.

6. Re: Napier Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 15:47