We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North island during october

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
North island during october

Hi there,i n my wife will be travelling to north island during 8-20 october.i've roughly draft out our route,hopefully u guys can advise me on my itinerary(we'll be doing a self drive holiday)

Day 1 singapore to auckland

-sky walk

Day 2 auckland to bay of islands

Day 3 bay of islands

-hole in the rock?or whale n dolphin safari(auckland)

Day 4 bay of islands to auckland

- via the west coast is it ok?(kaikohe-dargaville-whangarai-auckland) total 5hrs+

Day 5 auckland to rotorua

-hobbiton tour

Day 6 rotorua

-gonna get the rotorua superpasses

Day 7 rotorua to taupo

-hukafall jet boat ride

Day 8 taupo to whakapapa village

Day 9 whakapapa village

-skiing(ski field still open?)

Day 10 whakapapa village to waitomo

-waitomo caves

Day 11 ???

Day 12 auckland

Day 13 auckland to singapore

As u guys can see day 11 is still vacant,maybe u guys can help me where else shld i go or where can i slot the extra day?

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: North island during october

I suggest you head down south first. Whakapapa is due to close about the 3rd week of October, so best you go there early.

Why don't you spend your extra day in the Bay of Islands?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: North island during october

Thanks for d reply...whakapapa closing on d 3rd week of oct?but i shld be there on d 2nd week,hopefully we can still make it for skiing.1 more day in bay of islands,sorry i 4get to mention tat we already book d acccomodation till rotorua

3. Re: North island during october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2012, 06:35
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: North island during october

Anybody?any advice or recommendation?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
39,715 posts
443 reviews
5. Re: North island during october

Unless you are very good skiers, I wouldn't recommend Whakapapa in October. The snow will most likely have turned to slush lower down the mountain!! Still worth a walk or two around the lower edges of the National Park.

Do stop off in hamilton on your way north from Waitomo caves and visit the Hamilton gardens - world famous for good reason and at their peak in October.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
6. Re: North island during october

Ok so whakapapa is not recommended for begineer during oct but how bout turoa?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
7. Re: North island during october

Sorry how bout beginner(discover skiing) is it ok to be done in whakapapa during october?

8. Re: North island during october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 09:47