We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth high tea

Western Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Perth high tea

Hi all,

I am organising a high tea hens party in Perth next year. As I don't live there, can anyone help me with the best venues for high teas? I would like more than tea, scones and a sandwich for $40!

Thanks in advance!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth high tea

A couple of options are Palais 85 in South Perth and C restaurant in the city.

Both are really good with great views.

My preference is Palais 85. High tea is $35, sparkling high tea $45 and champagne high tea $55. I think for the money you are better to pay the $35 for standard high tea and then buy wine or champagne by the bottle as you only get one glass with the high tea. If you look at their web site it shows the high tea menu.

C restaurant is a couple of dollars dearer.

If I think of others I'll post them on here.

perth
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth high tea

Palais 85 has closed. A recent newspaper article listed 2 choices as:

Rochelle Adonis Cakes and Collections, Northbridge (BYO)

The George, 216 St Georges Tce, Perth

C Restaurant offers great views but my wife went recently and less than impressed with the high tea

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth high tea

Ahh that's a shame that Palais 85 has closed down. I found it really good but it was having a hard time getting up and going particularly as it is next door to Coco's.

The Hyatt in the city is another option. I haven't had high tea there but was there having drinks when it was being served and it looked really good, Lots of food and lots of choice.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth high tea

I liked the Hyatt but for something different and really good value The Vines Resort in the Swan Valley does a buffet high tea that has been voted one of the best in Perth. All sorts of goodies on the buffet and a wide variety of exotic teas as well as the usual ones. No public transport there though so you need to drive.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth high tea

I have nothing to compare it with, but I rather enjoyed a recent high tea at Bellisa cafe in Bedford. $30 a head, plenty of food, two coffees each. BYO, Sundays only, bookings required. It's in the 'burbs though.

http://www.bellisacafe.com.au/about.htm

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth high tea

There's a new bar in Claremont called The Duchess. It has high tea on Saturdays for about $30-45. I haven't tried it but want to as the bar is gorgeous.

There's great shopping in Claremont, too and it's close (3 min drive) to the beach (cottesloe, swanbourne) so you could spend a day around there.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth high tea

If it is for a Hen's day I would suggest getting a bus (or minibus/van) to take you all out to the Swan Valley where there are a couple of places that do high tea (The Vines and the Lavender Farm are 2 that come to mind) not sure on price for either but it would mean that you could also incorporate a trip to a couple of wineries/rum or vodka distillaries or breweries for tastings or if you are non drinkers a trip to the cheese/nougat/ice cream/lolly places or chocolate factory.

Have fun!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth high tea

I agree that a bus to the Swan Valley is a great idea and have been to both places mentioned but can't recommend the high tea at the Lavender Farm. Very little food and not worth the cost. The Vines High Tea is a buffet and great value.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth high tea

I have done high tea at the Hyatt and it was lovely. The tea was served at your table and you could ask for me.

They also bought around sandwiches to the table, but the other food was buffet style. It was a strawberry special, so a lot of the buffet was made out of strawberries.

It was delicious and I'd do it again, but I'd like to try the Vines.

uk
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth high tea

Would that be High Tea or Afternoon Tea?