We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From the airport

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
From the airport

I am staying at the causeway inn and am looking for help to get from the airport to the hotel what is the best option with two large suitcases?

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From the airport

I always use Skybus, 20 minutes to the city and then they'll take you to your hotel in a mini bus. They run every 20 minutes I think and it's $28 return. Cab have taken me the wrong way in the past and cost around $60 each way

http://www.skybus.com.au/

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From the airport

Skybus will take you from the airport to Southern Cross Station. From there they will transfer you to a mini bus and take you to the hotel. An adult return will cost you $28. The return ticket is valid for a year. There's a bit of mucking around changing buses and you may get taken on the 'scenic route' while other passengers are dropped off and picked up. While Skybus operates 24/7, the hotel drop off has limited hours - see www.skybus.com.au/hotel-transfer-service/

A taxi from the airport will cost you about $60 and depending on time of day will take about 20 minutes. If there are more than 2 of you traveling this could be a more economic option.

There are also shuttle services operating from the airport. We have used VHA many times and found them very reliable but if you look at the reviews they are mixed. The cost is the same as Skybus but no mucking around changing buses. http://www.vhaairportshuttle.com.au/

If it were me + 1 with a couple of big suitcases I'd pay the extra few dollars and get a cab.

Have a great holiday.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 13:34
Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From the airport

The Causeway Inn is in the middle of Bourke St Mall, so you wont be able to be dropped off right at the door. It's only a short lug from Elizabeth St corner though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From the airport

Nicmack

I always used to use Skybus but have moved to Sky Limos. As Eva Melb says being dropped at the door with two large suitcases is a real plus.

Sky Limos pick you up in the arrival hall and therefore help you with your bags, no lugging them to the taxi rank or Skybus.

We're going down to Melbourne next month and I've just booked airport to Richmond (on the eastern side of town) and the price is $75 each way.

Better than a cab as the price can change depending on the density of the traffic, whereas the limo is a fixed price and you don't have to pay the airport tax on top.

www.skylimo.com.au - you can get an online quote from them

5. Re: From the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:47