We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Luigi

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Luigi

Hi Luigi

In a past forum post you mentioned something called Cloaca and how kids would love it. Can you tell me what this is please ? Is it something at MoNa ? It has me intrigued !

Thanks,

Sue-Ellen

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Luigi

Wim Delvoye is one of the featured artists at MONA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Delvoye

"Cloaca" is one of his finest works. It is a marvel of plumbing and chemistry that converts food - served to it by an attendant on a silver tray - into excrement.. It is fed at regular published feeding times. It is a treat that all children would find utterly fascinating.

:)

Edited: 29 April 2012, 12:45
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Luigi

Thanks Luigi, you are a star ! I'm sure my 6yr old will love it.....

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Luigi

Thud!

You might want to look it up in a dictionary before the kids go back to school and use the new word they learned :-) Could lead to some interesting conversations and explanations in a class full of 6 year olds.

(Heehee, sorry Luigi, I know it said 'Question for Luigi'.)

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Luigi

Just to add, that's not a comment on the work, I haven't seen it, sounds fascinating, but having heard the word on nature documentaries I just got an immediate mental image of it being announced in class as kids sometimes do . . .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Luigi

Hi MacKnee - yes the mind boggles ! I will have to word Master 6's teacher up !! Off to check out the dictionary now......

Also from my research it is quite easy to avoid any graphic areas of MoNa is that right ?

As well as a very inquisitive 6 yr old I will be with my in-laws - could be awkward ??!! Although could be quite funny upon reflection and after a glass (or 2) of Tassies finest Pinot !!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,037 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Luigi

Yes, lol, prepare the teacher :-)

Enjoy Tassie, it's a beautiful place!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Luigi

They have a kiddie map at the ticket counter of the places to avoid. "Cloaca" is definitely not one of them. It doesn't lay eggs. :)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Luigi

And welcome back, MacKnee. Have you been on hols?

9. Re: Question for Luigi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:46