We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

What is the current taxi fare from Coolangatta airport to central Surfers Paradise please?

Thanks

Pam

38 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

For more detailed costings

http://www.gccabs.com.au/fare-information/

Approx fare $50.00

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Not sure if you're on a budget or not, but, I'd also consider catching bus #702 from the Airport (outside Arrivals), as it is very easy to use and pretty cheap as well (I think, under $7 per person). They have luggage racks, and so, you don't need to worry about space.

I recommend picking up a free copy of the 'Get Around Guide' from the Airport (you can see a link to the guide at the bottom of this page: http://www.gcshuttle.com.au/sit_gcs_gag.htm here), as it's really helpful, especially, if you're like me and not too familiar with the Gold Coast. I used it to help me work out how much further we had to go to get to Surfers Paradise. It's also useful to work out which buses to catch to the theme parks and other attractions, shopping centres, etc. There's also some other brochures at the airport that have discounts/vouchers and other information too.

The main bus stop is the one at Appel Park on Ferny Avenue, and is close to Cavill Street Mall, but, I'm not sure where you're staying, so, perhaps, there might be a different stop that'll be closer to your accommodation.

Have a good trip!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Thanks for the info.

Taxi is definitely out at $50 so the bus it will be.

Cheers

Pam

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Shuttle bus is $16 each and the 702 $7, both are easy to grab outside the airport.

Sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Does the shuttle bus go straight through your hotel though?

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

It depends on which hotel you're staying at, as the Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle bus may drop you off close-by instead.

Take a look at the list of hotels on this link: gcshuttle.com.au/sit_images/GCTS%20TCMay2010… on Page 4 and 5, as it'll advise you of where you will be dropped off.

If you're going with other transfers like through Con-X-ion, they'll generally drop you off at your door, but, then again, it's always worth clarifying with the company directly.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Thanks for yor the information! It helps a lot! (:

KL
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

Hi there

If I'm travelling in a group of 3 adults, 2 children and 1 baby, I am sure a taxi is not able to fit us all.

What do you suggest the best mode of transport for us from Coolangatta airport to Surfers' Paradise?

Is there a MPV taxi?

Hope someone is able to advise me.

thank you.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

I would just get a "maxi-taxi" which should be able to accomodate all of you.

Just identify yourself to the person running the taxi rank as you will need to put in a special request for a cab with a baby seat.

Edited: 29 December 2012, 03:26
Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.

The buses do have luggage racks and the best equipped to service airports i have seen in Australia. a lot of locals just use buses alone to commute to/from the airport. but i think it would be more than $7 per adult for that distance. check here to be sure http://translink.com.au/

Reply to: Current taxi cost from Coolangatta airport to Surfers.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted