We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR-surfers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
JBR-surfers

I have just spent a fantastic week in surfers paradise with my boyfriend. We stayed at Surf Regency (see review) which was in a great location.

caught a taxi from coolangatta airport to surfers as it was late and could not be bothered with the shuttle bus and the taxi cost $45

Highlights

-Dreamworld was great we got the 2 day 2 world pass $102 each which was well worth it we managed to do all the big 6 rides on the first day as well as a few of it side rides and about half of the water slids in whitewater world. The second day we went back the claw was closed for maintenice so we were very happy that we had already done it so i strongly recomend to do everything you can on the first day (and we ran out of steam on the 2nd day!) fave rides are the giant drop, tower of terror, the motor gp ride and the claw.

we caught the public bus (TX2) there and return which cost about $18 for 2 adults return and took about 45mins or so it runs express from surfers to wet n' wild, movie world then dreamworld so easy!

-Q1 was great. we went up about a bout 4.15pm so we could see everything in the daylight, sunset and night time it was really beautiful we had a very nice clear night. My ears popped on the way up in the lift it goes so fast!

-king tutts mini golf is fantasitc! we played all three courses (and i won!) really great theamed courses the best i have ever played. we also did the mini golf just near the adrenilin park and lilly something on the gold coast highway which was good too a nice daytime one.

-infinity was unbelievalbe! we went in the morning when it was very quiet which was good there was no one else there at the time we were there all the rooms are so interesting it was great fun a lot of laughs and a few spills...

-aqua duck. now this was actually quite good fun but its so odd to be floating in water while in a bus and odd to be driving on the road in a boat! the driver and guide were very friendly too. it went for about 45min-1hr (i didn't wear a watch so had no indication of time for the whole trip)

-food. we ate some really great food the tandoori palace (indian), chinease on the courner of laycock st was great, as well as a few near infinity (not sure what that area is called)

-public transport was really good we only had one very grumpy driver who almost ran over a pedrestrian at a crossing and went around courners it felt like the bus was going to flip it was like a ride at dreamwold only with out safety harness!

but other wise everyone was very helpful and were more than happy to help you out. and it was quite cheap and clean.

-beach swimming was really nice it was so warm compared to even the water here in victoria in summer ahh beautiful!!

i quite enjoyed staying in surfers paradise we didn't go out and enjoy the night life as it was a relaxing getaway so we were more than happy with a few beers/wine in our appartment which would have worked out cheaper

to get back to the airport we caught the public bus 700 from surfers and it cost $8.60 for the two of us so cheap kind of makes up for catching the taxi 1st time but it was easy you get off the public but and a airport shuttle bus comes and gets you to take you the last 500m to the airport!

well i think thats it!

*Ingrid*

Mentioned in this post
Dreamworld
Dreamworld
2,889 Reviews
Coomera, Australia
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR-surfers

Awesome JBR Ingrid.

Full of info that is so freequently asked on the Gold Coast forums.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
2. Re: JBR-surfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2009, 11:08