We are couples with 3 young children (below 9yrs all) arrived Cairns yesterday. We will stay 4 nights here and would like to visit GBR for a day. Have the following questions:
- which boat/operator would be good for us?
- I would like to do scuba diving but others will not. So, if they accompany me, will the operator charge same fee for them as well? Any child discount?
- Heard Reef Magic and Quicksilver are good. Will it be suitable for family? Also, are their prices reasonable?
Also would like to visit few places out of the following - need your inputs/ suggestions and votes which ones should I do must keeping in mind the budget.
• Helicopter ride to GBR #2
• Cairns Aquarium # 3
• Sky rail rain forest #4
• Captain Cook highway to Port Douglas drive #5
• Mossman George Rainforest, Port Douglas ($10 shuttle) #6
• Carns Botanic Garden #7
• Fritzoy Island # 8
• Baron fall, Kuranda (10 min from car park) #9
• Daintree Rainforest Cairns (waterfall) # 10
• Lagoon Pool (suitable for kids; swimming costume to carry; Muddy’s playground really good for kids)