We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 posts
Save Topic
Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Hi

I visiting Australia soon, and I have 10 nights do I stay all 10 nights in Gold Coast and sometime vist Brisbane? Or stay few days in Brisbane?

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Well it kind of depends on your interests and what you want to do?

I personally would not spend 10 days on the GC. I’d split my time between there and somewhere else. PerhPs fly up to Cairns and spend 5 nights in Port Douglas.

Are you able to drive and willing to hire a car? You could do 3-4 nights on the Gold Coast, a few in Brisbane and the rest on the Sunshine Coast.

Or take a trip to Sydney (fly)

Possibilities are endless.....

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Definitely have a few nights in Brisbane. Wouldyou hire acar? Driving out to a farm stay in the scenic rimregion may interest you, or just a nice BandB in a town like Toowoomba or Mt Tamborine.

Or, as AM suggests, fly somewhere else for a few days - Sydney or Cairns.

Cheers.

Kingston, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
18,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane or Gold Coast?

I don't know if you are seeing the replies you've been getting, but as I said before it would be helpful to you if you tell us how much time you have altogether, when, which destinations you are visiting, and what sort of road trip you want.

Reply to: Brisbane or Gold Coast?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted