We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

cheltenham
Level Contributor
90 posts
76 reviews
Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

looking at both of these resorts as options to stay on our driving tour Brisbane to Sydney.

Curious to know.....If you had to pick one of these resorts to experience (O Reillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat). which one would it be and why?

Or should we try to include both and compromise on another stopping off point?

As you may gather... we realised we have too few days and too much on our wish list.. #heateddebates. 😀

Oz
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

Hi,

Quite different experiences.

O'Reillys has a range of accommodation packages to choose from and is the logical place to stay to sample a variety of walks. A venue for active pursuits.

Crystal Creek offers a resort experience in a rain forest setting. A place to kick back.

Cheers,

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
Level Contributor
821 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

We honeymooned at Crystal Creek and loved it. Each villa is secluded and private and there are plenty of walking trails around the property, as well as some lovely spots along the creek to relax.

If you're interested in wildlife there's plenty around - it's great for birding, and also reptiles.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!

cheltenham
Level Contributor
90 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

Thanks for your response, that's kind of where we'd go to, so I think we are likely to keep both on the books and then try to compromise elsewhere. We are looking also to experience more of the coastal views and places, looking at Yamba, Lake Macquarie, Byron Bay, Coffs etc, with a possible side trip on the way to Dorrigo. Before heading back into Sydney for our final four days with friends via The Entrance.

We've learned that less is more sometimes, but getting to the reduced list of stop points is a challenge when its all sounding so good!

cheltenham
Level Contributor
90 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

Thanks - we currently are looking at 3 nights there, but wondering if we should reduce to 2. Sadly we can't allocate more time. I'm for the 3 nights to really relax into the area, and then perhaps face a longer drive to Sydney further in the week. (I'm not the driver so easy for me to say!)

5. Re: Hard decision...OReillys or Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2018, 11:48