We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire for 78 year old

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire for 78 year old

Hey. I hope you can all help me. I'm visiting Brisbane for a month in June/July 2017. We are looking for car hire for my granddad who is driving? Can anyone recommend a local company in Brisbane or anyone else?

Thanks

Katie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,671 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire for 78 year old

Start with www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au

Hertz seems to be the only hire company that mentions maximum/older age when hiring the car - check the T&Cs to be double sure.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
74 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire for 78 year old

Have you seen this http://seniorcarhire.com.au

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire for 78 year old

I hire cars regularly from a number of different companies and the only question pertaining to age is whether or not I am over 25.

I'm off to Brisbane today and getting a car through Budget for about $20 a day including all the extras.

Vroom vroom vroom is a good website for research but I always then check with the individual company and often get a better deal. For a long term rental, I would definitely discuss with the company direct and negotiate a rate.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,454 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire for 78 year old

Hi

Definitely have a look at Budget. And, yes, they ask if you are over 25! As you may know already, Budget and Avis are part of the same large international group.

We've used them often when visiting Australia and have never had any problems.

5. Re: Car Hire for 78 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2018, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane