We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Airport

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
248 reviews
Sydney Airport

Can someone please confirm if there are showers in the International Arrivals area of the airport. We are travelling on 2 flights from the UK and will arrive early and unable to check in to our hotel until much later. Thanks very much.

All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
1,058 Reviews
from US$ 159.40*
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,672 Reviews
from US$ 121.70*
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
875 Reviews
from US$ 114.10*
US$ 163.00
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Sydney Airport

Yes

sydneyairport.com.au/find/…

Edited: 22 April 2016, 21:54
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Sydney Airport

Or you can buy the night before you arrive, so you can go straight to your hotel, shower and relax, without having to wash in a public area.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
3. Re: Sydney Airport

Hi, I'm with Grahame on this. Our European/UK flights usually arrive early morning and the cost of an extra nights accommodation far out ways the inconvenience and frustration of marking time, waiting to check in.

Even with decent facilities like the arrivals lounge at Heathrow, you are still in a public space and don't feel like you have really arrived until you are checked in and settled. You also don't have the hassle of bag storage/security.

The first time we paid for accommodation from the night before and were able to get straight into our accommodation in Paris at 9 am instead of 2pm we wondered why we had never done it before! It means you gain nearly a whole meaningful day at you destination. :))

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Sydney Airport

My first visit to Australia, I arrived at 8am and whilst my Afelaide accomodation were happy to look after my luggage, my unit was not available and wouldn't be for around 4 or 5 hours. I'd arrived from UK winter in warm clothes and no light weight ones in my hand luggage to change into. I ended up wandering around the city centre for several hours, exhausted, too hot and really miserable.

I now always book the hotel from the night before so I can get straight into my room, showered and changed and relax a bit. Makes such a difference and the cost of that one extra night is nothing compared to the entire trip cost and getting started on a positive note.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Sydney Airport

I'm all for the idea of Pre-Registering the night before, as it is a guaranteed room first thing on arrival - provided it is within reason for the traveller.

I say within reason, because it is one thing to be able to get the room as soon as you arrive for $200, it's another thing altogether if the cost is $400 plus. Keep in mind that a Pre-Reg - whilst technically a checkin from the night before - the reality is effectively paying for an extra 6hrs. Would I pay $200 for an extra six hours off a long haul? Absolutely. Would I pay $500 plus for six hours off a long haul? Not so sure.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
207 reviews
6. Re: Sydney Airport

Before you decide anything have a chat with the hotel directly, explain your situation. Most hotels do have the standard check in of 2pm but it's worth pushing your luck and asking if it's at all possible checking in earlier. If the room is available you may be able to negotiate an early check in rate with the hotel directly. They may even check you in immediately, yes it sometimes happens. You've got absolutely nothing to lose by asking, but leave this to a few days or day prior to your arrival so the hotel has a better idea of availability. It's worked for me on many occasions.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
248 reviews
7. Re: Sydney Airport

Thanks for your replies. We have asked our tour operator to check and were told it was way over $200, but we may contact the hotel again nearer the time as suggested and see if they might have a room available. We have booked a more expensive 'club room' so hopefully they will be sympathetic.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
66 reviews
8. Re: Sydney Airport

Don't request it via your tour operator, contact the hotel directly yourself

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
207 reviews
9. Re: Sydney Airport

As KVE and I said, speak to to hotel directly. Don't go through your tour operator for this request.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
248 reviews
10. Re: Sydney Airport

Thanks - I've sent them an e-mail - fingers crossed. They did have info on all the benefits of having a club room and a 'priority check-in' was one of them, strangely enough, all mention of this has now disappeared from their website! :-(