We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking.com reliable?

Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
booking.com reliable?

hello all,

i'm heading to sydney next year and booking through booking.com. is this site reliable because when i asked the hotel directly (through email) they told me there isn't any bookings under my name! how does this thing works? thanks in advance for any useful tips!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking.com reliable?

I have used booking.com without any problem on two occasions.

I also emailed the week before my visit and checked that the booking was there.

You will have a reservation booking number. Why don't you check with booking.com that all is in order. You can check your booking on line or email/ telephone them.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking.com reliable?

The biggest one is www.wotif.com.au

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking.com reliable?

used it several times, never had a problem

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: booking.com reliable?

Sometimes, bookings through third party sites do not show up on hotel reservation systems until closer to your stay, as long as you're booking with a reputable site. That's probably why the hotel isn't showing up with any reservation under your name.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time! :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking.com reliable?

My family is going to Sydney on 25th Nov and had booked 2 hotels via Booking.com. About 2 weeks ago, I replied the confirmation email to check that the bookings have been confirmed with the hotels. Booking.com did reply that they are booked with the hotel and confirmed.

6. Re: booking.com reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 09:49