We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Australian Open

new york
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Australian Open

My husband and I are coming to Melbourne from NY in January to see The Australian Open. (and also enjoy the city) Can you recommend a nice hotel that is convenient to the Open and but also in a fun area for restaurants and shopping? Would like to spend approx $300-$350 a night. Thanks!

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Australian Open

The Australian Open is at Melbourne Park, which is within walking distance of the CBD and Southbank (or a short tram ride on the frequent shuttle service along Flinders Street). There's lots of shopping in the CBD and many restaurants at Southbank, as well as many hotels (especially in the CBD), so take your pick!

Edited: 06 December 2012, 13:14
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,827 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Australian Open

Hotels near the Tennis Centre that you might like are The Grand Hyatt and the Stamford Plaza. If you prefer a self catering apartment, try the Punthill Manhattan Apartments.

My preference would be to stay somewhere along the river at Southbank. The closest to the tennis centre that are worth considering are Quay West Suites and the Langham. If you like to be near the Casina, then Crown Towers is still walking distance (just).

Have a look at www.wotif.com for other ideas. Accommodation within walking distance of the tennis centre sells out very quickly. Book ASAP.

3. Re: Hotel for Australian Open

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:45