We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accor Advantage Plus

Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Accor Advantage Plus

I'm considering taking up this one year membership with accor. It comes with a free night's stay at any of their accor hotels and dining discounts. I've read a few past reviews of bad experiences with this membership (and the use of the free night stay entitlement). Has anyone had a recent experience (either good or bad)?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,294 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

Having once a few years ago been a member I can say that whlist it wasn't a bad experience it wasn't really a worthwhile one either. Back then I didn't know about www.wotif.com & other similar discount booking websites. What is their joining fee these days? They keep ringing me every year to try & get me to rejoin. I found it impossible to book rooms during school holidays & most of their hotels weren't such a good deal for families.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

i think that they are charging mid $250 the year.

if you use alot of their hotels per year it probably works out well.

and the dining discounts can be worthwhile.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

I have been a member for about 8 years and found it worthwhile. You get a free night, other standard discount is 15% offf the cheapest rate of the day and there is no limitation on rooms allocated. The will give you the discount if a room is available. There are also quarterly specials available which are listed in there quarterly magazine. In addition there a meal discounts. 2 for 1 in restaurants or if a single traveller a 25% discount. You also get discount on drinks at hotels in Asia. You don't have to be staying at the hotel to get the meal discounts. They also have a number of restaurants not at hotels that give discounts. The deal covers Pullman, Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis and some hotels not under any of thses brands. I have found rates to be particuarly good in Kuala Lumpar and Singapore. I suspect the would also be very good in the new hotel at 1Borneo in Kota Kinabalu.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,325 posts
2,118 reviews
4. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

We have been members for years and find them to be okay, however we don't actually use it to our own advantage....but when we do remember to use it, we are always happy with our dinner discount, plus we do get upgrades often.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

and late check outs.

6. Re: Accor Advantage Plus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 03:49