We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

9 posts
We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

We prefer to have most of the trip details worked out for us ahead of time, then book optional excursions as we have time. My question is if anyone has done Australia, with Globus? If so, did you do any of their excursions? If so, do you have any comments, good or bad?

22 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
819 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Do you have one you can link for us?

Looks as though they have heaps of different tour options..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Haven’t done it, not into organised tours .... but happy to have a look at your Itinerary, if you post it.

Also, we’d be happy to comment on the accomodation .... some of the places I’ve seen on tour Itineraries wouldn’t be my choice.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Just FYI.

While your tour/package maybe with Globus, all the land and content is outsourced to local companies. They have their preferred suppliers, but these aren’t necessarily exclusive.

So what I’m saying is that two people talking similar or even identical packages, may have vastly different experiences, based on who supplied the local content - which can change without notice

9 posts
4. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Thanks for reply. That is helpful. I would think that, ifn any of the local companies did a crappy job, Globus wouldn't use them again.

9 posts
5. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Thanks for reply. Accomodations are set by Globus, but my link might show them.

9 posts
6. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Here is out complete tour package: https:/…

Total of 30 days, we tour Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Oh my giddy aunt, 3countries, 15 destinations in 30 days! I’d need a holiday to recover.

I don’t even know where to start on how ridiculously fast laced this is. Ok let’s start with Fiji, complete waste of time. You only do Nadi. The best part of Fiji is spending time on the islands. So you won’t experince Fiji just another plane ride and time change.

A daybtrip to Kangaroo Island is a long day and you don’t see very much, really needs a view overnight stays. Tasmania is even worse. It’s much bigger than KI but just 2 days. What a shame.

Melbourne is just in Melbourne, you don’t get to experience any of the iconic stuff that is outside the city and so it goes on. NZ part is equally rushed.

I honestly would not recommend any one pay that much money for such a rushed tour. You will spend more time in transit than anything else. Instead, if you have 30 days, pick the parts that most interest you from just Australia and Fiji or Australia and NZ and org aisle your own trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Holy mackerel! Exactly what Amo said!

You'll certainly see a lot....of roads, airports, etc. Some people can cope with that sort of travel, but not me.

Good luck to you

9 posts
9. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Thank you both for your comments. We are comfortable with the fast pace, as well as the cost. We are retired and spend most days at leisure as it is! We are adding in optional excursions, at additional cost, and my question/posting was in regards to those, not the main tour itself.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November

Fair enough, your time, your money.

Most regulars on here are DIY travellers ( both Australians and overseas visitors), so I wouldn’t hold out a lot of hope of getting feedback on Globus additional tours. I haven’t even heard them mentioned before and I’m on her most days fir the past several years.

Reply to: We will be in Australia with Globus in October/November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted